What You Know
We’re looking for someone with:
- 1+ year(s) of back-end development using PHP and MySQL.
- History of experience in WordPress theme and plugin development.
- Working knowledge of WordPress Codex and template hierarchy.
- Familiarity with GIT, Lando, Docker and Foundation 6 preferred.
- Familiarity with SEO best practices.
- General aspects of web server administration, such as hosting, DNS, backup, monitoring, and security.
- Implementation of current e-commerce approaches and solutions.
What You’ll Do
In addition to the core tasks listed above, we’ll look to you for help with internal and client projects that includes:
- Working collaboratively with team members and clients to define project features and scope.
- Maximizing the capabilities of the WordPress platform, creating custom post types and content models, leveraging related plugins…and knowing when to suggest working in another framework.
- Creating custom WordPress themes from design assets that work across all major browsers, platforms, and devices.
- Entering, maintaining, and updating site content.
- Optimizing site performance and reliability.
- Testing site for function and usability.
- Working with additional frameworks, such as digital/email/automated marketing platforms.
Of Course You’ll Also Need:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills.
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively with our team.
- Enthusiasm, a thick skin, a sense of humor and outside interests.
- An eagerness to operate in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to change.
- The desire to work hard with a great team and the ability to have fun doing it.
Please send the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- 3 References
- Samples of your work with an explanation of your role in each project
If you would like more information about the position or Rowland Creative, contact us at 814.308.0358.