Our liberal arts college client was evaluating the need for a website redesign in order to level up its digital capabilities, bring consistencies to its brand, and deliver a smoother and more fulfilling user experience for prospective and current students.Learn More
Listening + Empathy = Our Process
The Discovery experience is led by our director of strategy, and supported by key members of the Rowland team. You’ll come to understand that this process is built around curiosity, understanding, and empathy. We’ll meet with you and your stakeholders to listen. We always listen to you first.
Then it’s our turn. It’s our job to ask the right questions. Using a survey or our intake process we’ll ask you to define your goals, your competitors, the audiences you seek, and the marketing activities in which you currently engage. Next we’ll ask you to provide any assets or data that you may have. We’ll talk to your team, look at your website, and any other materials that are part of your marketing landscape. Our goal is to learn as much about you as we can. It’s fun, challenging, and rewarding–for you and for us.
Our analysis is meant to lead you to clarity and purpose. You should feel like you can approach other stakeholders in your organization with a vision, a plan to move forward, and an enhanced strategic outlook. We’ll document our findings along the way and provide you with several key deliverables that will help support your new-found sense of direction:
- Survey Report: We’ll share our findings so that everyone is on the same page and has a baseline understanding of your world and what you’re asking us to consider.
- Website Audit: Website Health / Content / Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
We’ll analyze your website based on industry best practices.
- Digital Audit: Search Engine Marketing (SEM) / Pay-Per-Click (PPC)
We’ll review your site for digital marketing readiness, and analyze any digital marketing campaigns you’re currently running.
- Competitor Benchmarking: We’ll report on your competitors’ websites, identifying who their audiences are, how they talk to them, and what brand strategies are at play.
- Personas: We’ll craft fictional representations of key audience members, carefully identifying the nuances that make these individuals important to reach.
What comes next?
What comes next is up to you. Long-term relationships are what we are used to around here. We find that clients typically stay with us after a Discovery phase. By this point, we know so much about each other that future work comes naturally. Translating Discovery work into Strategy is the goal, and continuing our relationship with you only makes the work stronger. Here’s to statements of work filled with expertise, collaboration, and meaningful partnerships.
Positioning Update for a 21st-Century Higher Education Brand
Understanding Where You Are, and Where to Go Next
The College of Arts & Architecture was facing an enormous task. They knew their end goal: increasing enrollment. They were pretty sure that a measurable digital pipeline was critical to success. But they had no idea how to get there.Learn More