We are seeking an experienced Digital Marketing Strategist to join our team to support, analyze and optimize our clients’ website properties and digital marketing efforts. We believe that establishing a solid foundation of digital marketing strategies and activities is essential to the success of our clients and our business.
A bachelor’s degree and three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience performing a marketing function in the Higher Education market and/or a master’s degree is a plus.
MacOS; G-Suite user; familiarity with SEO/SEM/PPC and web analytics monitoring tools; standard word-processing applications.
Ability to engage collaboratively with various people and personalities of varying functional roles; excellent communication skills and the ability to influence decisions; excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to represent the agency; ability to problem solve and think creatively.
As an ideal candidate, you have prior experience as part of a marketing team embedded in the Higher Education market. You enjoy working closely with clients and their teams, fostering new relationships, and nurturing existing ones. The primary role of the digital marketing strategist will be analyzing existing web properties and defining approaches and executing related activities to meet/exceed goals while serving as the subject matter expert for our clients and the agency team.
You have a natural ability to listen with intention, evaluate and analyze complex information, build a comprehensive understanding of the client’s needs, and provide strategic recommendations for achieving goals. You will also be responsible for supporting the overall strategic direction developed by the Director of Strategy and agency President.
This position can further be defined by the following set of responsibilities:
- Analyze website performance data and propose strategies and solutions to optimize web presence and meet conversion goals
- Establish and execute digital marketing activities from research and planning through to implementation
- Define new digital strategies and enhance existing activities to meet and exceed objectives
- Participate/present in client meetings as a subject matter expert and lead conversations related to digital marketing strategies and activities
You’ll be expected to:
- Prepare website audits, noting key takeaways, and preparing client-facing documents outlining recommended onsite/offsite strategies
- Establish and manage SEM/PPC marketing channels and provide key performance metrics to forecast trends and meet/exceed goals
- Use web-analytics (SEO/SEM/PPC) monitoring tools to build customized client-facing reports and dashboards
- Provide technical recommendations for website launches, redirect mapping, and ongoing optimizations
- Complete in-depth keyword research, mapping keywords to pages, and providing content writers with guidance and recommendations
- Research and document technical changes needed for in-house and client developers
- Complete basic website optimization tasks such as edit webpage content, title tags and meta descriptions, and optimize a WordPress website (configure SEO plugins, etc)
- Accurately estimate time and costs for one-time and ongoing projects.
Please send the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter and Resume
- 3 References
- Examples of your work (if applicable) with an explanation of your role in each project
If you would like more information about the position or Rowland Creative, contact us at 814.308.0358.